Effective date: March 17, 2022
Global Alumni, Corp. and its subsidiaries, including Global Alumni Education S.L. (collectively, “Global Alumni”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) takes your privacy and the security of your information very seriously, and we encourage you to read this privacy notice (“Notice”) carefully to understand how we collect and handle information that you share with us through use of our website located at www.globalalumni.org and any other website that links to this Notice (collectively, “Site”). This Notice describes the type of information we collect from you and the steps we take to protect that information. “Personal Information” as used in this Notice means information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information.
Global Alumni is an EdTech company dedicated to assisting the world’s best universities to expand their programs and improve the quality of continuing and executive education with cutting-edge technologies and a state-of-the-art platform.
This Notice applies only to information we collect through our Site. Our Site may contain links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by Global Alumni, such as links to websites operated by colleges and universities that we work with. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy notices of each website that collects your Personal Information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Like most websites, when you visit our Site, certain information, which may include Personal Information, is automatically collected from you or your device, including the following:
- Personal Information: We may collect your contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Analytics Information: We use certain analytics partners in connection with our Site as further described below in the “Third Party Ad Partners, Cookies, Analytics And Other Tracking Mechanisms” section below.
- Website Visit Information: As is true with most websites, we also collect certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our website. By “Site Visit Information” we mean information that does not directly identify you personally, such as device information, unique identifiers, and browser information.
- Aggregate Information: Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you in any way. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our Site, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains Personal Information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restrictio.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal information for the purposes for which we have collected it, or the purposes set forth in this Notice, unless you consent otherwise. We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties other than as described in this Notice, unless you give us consent to do so. We do not sell or lease your information to third-parties.
We use your information, including Personal Information, collected through our Site to help us operate our website, operate our business, perform internal analyses, perform internal audits, and provide other services, including advertisements, ad serving, and technical support. We also use this information to suggest products and promotions to you, develop new products or initiatives, better understand how our Site is used, and to send you updates about our company, our events, and our initiatives.
We may share your information, including Personal Information, with our service providers to assist us with operating our website, selling our products and services, our advertising, and our technical support. We may also share your information with our affiliate companies in order to respond to your requests and otherwise provide services that you request.
Legal and Law Enforcement Requests
We may disclose, at our sole discretion, your information, including Personal Information, as required by law, or to comply with a governmental or legally binding request—such as a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also share and disclose your information, including Personal Information: (i) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (ii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Global Alumni; (iii) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Alumni or other persons; or (iv) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of Global Alumni.
THIRD PARTY AD PARTNERS, COOKIES, ANALYTICS, AND OTHER TRACKING MECHANISMS
Like many other websites, our Site does not respond to “do not track” browser headers.
We partner with certain analytics providers such as to provide insight into our Site, and to improve the relevance of advertisements you receive. Our analytics partners, and links to their terms, are listed below.
Analytics Partners and Third Party Cookies:
- Citiservi Media: https://corp.citiservi.com/es/sobre-citiservi/terminos-de-uso/politica-de-privacidad__105.html.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
- Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
- Google: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-US.
- Hubspot: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?src=or-search&veh=www.google.com.
- Outbrain Pixel: https://www.outbrain.com/legal/.
- Taboola: https://www.taboola.com/privacy-policy.
- Verizon Media: https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html.
We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Information.
We retain information for as long as reasonably necessary to operate our Site, to deliver our services to you, to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice, or as required by law. We reserve the right to retain any information as required under applicable law.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS TO INFORMATION
With respect to Personal Information collected through out Site, you may access, amend, and/or request deletion of certain Personal Information to the extent permitted under applicable law. To make such requests and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will attempt to comply with any reasonable requests for accessing, amending, or deleting your information.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 and do not target our Site to children under 18. If you are under 18, please do not use the Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this prohibition. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have certain rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. Some of these rights, e.g., the right to be forgotten or the right to request that we transfer your Personal Information to another company, will only apply in certain circumstances. Generally, these rights will not be available if there is an outstanding agreement or ongoing business relationship between us, if we need that information to continue to provide certain services to you, if we are required by law to keep the information, or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
We have listed the rights you have over your Personal Information and how you can use them below. These rights are subject to restrictions under European data protection law and, subject to the exemptions in that law, may only apply to certain types of information or processing.
- You have the right to access to your Personal Information, to have it corrected if the Personal Information we have is incorrect, to request that we restrict or delete your Personal Information, and to object to our processing of your Personal Information. Your rights may be subject to various limitations under applicable privacy laws. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data with your national data protection authority.
- You have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State where you reside, work or the place of the alleged infringement. You have the right to do so if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes applicable data protection laws.
- You also have a right to object to us processing your Personal Information in certain circumstances. You can ask us to stop processing your Personal Information at any time. In certain circumstances, we may not be able to do this or may not be required to do this. For example, if we have an ongoing business relationship, if we required by law to keep it, or if it is relevant to a legal dispute, then we may not stop processing your Personal Information.
We have appointed Global Alumni Education, S.L. as our EU Representative according to Art 27 GDPR. If you contact our EU Representative, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada residents can opt out of the sale of their Personal Information. We do not sell Personal Information today, and we do not have plans to sell Personal Information in the future. However, Nevada residents have the legal right to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information, even if their information is not currently being sold. You may opt out by emailing a request to email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want to “Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information in Nevada.” Please allow 60 days for a response.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may make changes to this Notice from time to time. We will post the revised Notice on our website with an “effective date” that indicates when the revised Notice will take effect. We encourage you to review this page periodically to note any changes.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices or this Notice, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at: 7950 NW 53rd St, Miami, FL 33166.